Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Marine Team News: Project Valour-IT Video Contest Winner

And the winner is ..... No Sheeples Here


Watch the video here, it's amazing!

I am so happy that Carol won this contest.  Since the fund raising effort began for Project Valour-IT Carol has devoted almost all of her efforts on her blog to raising money and drawing attention to the project.  When I was involved in Project 2996, an effort to remember those who died on 9/11, I remember Carol devoted her blog to the project exclusively.  Her dedication is inspiring.  Congratulations Carol, well done.

We are nearing the end of the fund raiser.  Please consider making a donation to Soldiers Angels, every dollar goes directly to providing laptops and other technology to severely wounded service members.  
As of October 2009, Valour-IT has distributed over 4100 laptops to severely wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines across the country, and is now expanding its mission to include other technology that supports physical and psychological recovery.
Here is the response from one soldier who benefited from the program:


 don't know where to start. I was thrilled and truly appreciative of the laptop donation that Soldiers Angels sent. My neurology team is ecstatic with the progress that I have made, yet we all temper our excitement as I still have a long recovery ahead. Due to the great hearts (sponsors, donors, volunteers and others too numerous to mention) within Soldiers Angels I have become more mobile in my rehabilitation and the laptop is absolutely one of the tools that I have in my recovery toolbox. I use it to keep current on my schedule and have several applications that assist with recovery. 

I know that my recovery has been aided by the cards, letters, and notes sent by your Angels. I love to read them and have started to send Thank You's to many of them. I just want you and everyone to know that your organization is a Godsend to Soldiers. Please send this note of Thanks to the appropriate personnel, and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. 

God Bless You and God Bless America.

Lieutenant Colonel X 


The fundraising effort ends on Veterans Day, please consider making a donation in any amount today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Web Analytics