Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

If the Baucus Bill was a Movie Claude Raines Would Star as the Invisible Bill


That headline was my response to Prof. Jacobson's important reminder There is No Baucus Bill .  The CBO analysis of the "Invisible Bill"   is a review of a movie that hasn't been made:
CBO and JCT’s analysis is preliminary in large part because the Chairman’s mark, as amended, has not yet been embodied in legislative language.
Just like Claude Raines in "The Invisible Man,"  the bill has no body, none.

If that is not clear, let's go to "Schoolhouse Rock:  I'm Just a Bill:



Change the lyrics a bit:
I'm just a bill.
Yes, I'm an invisible bill.
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.

The Baucus Bill is Invisible - It hasn't been written

H/T: Memeorandum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Web Analytics