Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oprah's "Easy Bake" Interview at the White House

Politco has a transcript so no need to watch the actual interview, not that I was planning on it mind you. You can read the highlights below the jump here, and Politico has more on Bo's stocking stuffers. An hour of squabbling over who gives better presents and where to get extra supplies for the Easy Bake Oven, is way more Obama/Oprah silliness than I can tolerate without risking sugar shock. Lord, I hope this is not an annual tradition.



OW: Is there a greater pressure to give a good gift when you're the President or can you get away with a lesser gift if you're the President?

First Lady: What are you gonna get me? You should feel pressure-

President Obama: I have given some good gifts - you get some nice stuff - here's the general rule, I give nicer stuff than I get

OW: Really?

First Lady: No way I gave you good gifts last year

President Obama: Absolutely - aw come on please. You know it’s like mother's day and father's day-

First Lady: We're talking about Christmas, don't become distracted...

President Obama: But that principle applies generally

The President and First Lady remember their favorite gifts as children:

OW: Do you remember what your favorite Christmas gift was as a child?

First Lady: Oh it was a doll house and it was a metal doll house with plastic furniture but it was and I remember I really didn't know how to set up a house so I had all the furniture lined up along the walls as opposed to nestled around the fireplace, but I loved that little doll house

OW: Well now you get some practice here - goodness gracious. Doll house...I asked this question to some of my friends and they all said Easy Bake Oven. Did you have an Easy Bake Oven?

First Lady: Oh I did have an Easy Bake Oven but you know once you run out of the mix it’s like you're done with it

OW: (LAUGHS) Yeah you're done with that -

President Obama: You couldn't get more mix?

OW: It doesn't come with more mix, the Easy Bake Oven

President Obama: But can you order more mix?

First Lady: Nowadays it's easy -

OW: Probably now you can go online and get more mix -

First Lady: When we were little - what you got - that’s what you got

OW: That's what you got

First Lady: When it’s over, it’s over.

2 comments:

  1. wasn't there an interview with the Obamas where they said they didn't give hardly any Christmas gifts to the girls in particular--more gifts on birthdays--kinda like they played down Christmas and here's Oprah playing up An Obama Christmas--sheesh---I'm getting nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you might be right about that other interview. This one was a total waste and really nauseating.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Web Analytics