Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Time to be Heard

Last Friday I mentioned the Friday the 13th episode of Glenn Beck's show that was to feature a few prominent conservative bloggers. I was under the impression the bad luck of the day had prevailed and to some degree, perhaps it did. Adrienne Ross at Motivation Truth gives a behind the scenes accounting of some of the frustration experienced at not being able to express her thoughts and opinions in a forum that was held out to as a "Time to be Heard." Some of this was a logistical problem as the group was seated away from the mic. The show seems to have wasted some time covering issues Adrienne didn't find of great import as well. Much was later edited out so indeed it was a waste. Still she seemed hopeful that she would have another opportunity to address her points should Beck devote another show to the unique experiences of black conservatives. I am glad she wrote what she would have said and the behind the scenes info was really interesting.

Robin Martin who blogs at Conservative Black Woman had her moment in the sun and she was just amazing. Here is the clip where she appears on the stage with Beck and two other guests. She starts to speak just a minute and 10 seconds into the clip and dominates the discussion right up until the break at about 5 min 30 seconds into the clip. I thought she handled that mic and the spotlight like a pro. Beck picks up in the next segment by saying that he hope the group can come back for another show so hopefully we will get a chance to hear from those who were frustrated by their inability to speak on camera. In the mean time here's Robin's time to shine:

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Web Analytics